It’s important to stay fueled with healthy energy. Be sure to have you and your kids fully-nourished with some of these tasty and healthy snack ideas.
- Plenty of kids love eating assorted nuts. They are high in healthy fats and contain fiber and other antioxidants. Make sure your kids do not have any nut allergies beforehand!
Ants on a Log
- This is a classic snack that is fun for kids to eat! Cut some celery in thick pieces and spread peanut butter inside. Then, top it off with some raisins for it to look like little ants on a log. The combination is fun, creative, and provides a good balance of macronutrients.
Deli meat, cheese and crackers
- Make your own “Lunchables” with your choice of cheese, deli meat, and crackers. For a healthier option, choose meat and cheese with less fat. This will give your kids good protein, carbs, and fats!
- Fruit smoothies are always delicious, and you can make them quick-and-easy at home. Health Hack: try buying fresh fruits, cutting them, and freezing them for later. This will help you avoid added sugars commonly found in pre-frozen food.
- Hummus provides healthy fats for your body. So, if you and your kids like it, eating it with bell peppers, crackers, celery, or tomatoes is the perfect healthy snack.
- We’ve all heard about the crazy health trend that is kale – well deserved too! Kale is low in calories but packed with nutrients, such as vitamin A, C, and K. Kale chips are quick and simple to make and are a great substitute to potato chips.
- If you and your kids like guacamole, you can buy premade guacamole or make your own! Pair it up with healthy chips, bell peppers, or other vegetables.
- Pretty self-explanatory - have fun with fruit! You can buy or make your own personalized fruit bowls. Bananas, apples, pears, grapes, and peaches are examples of easy to grab snacks, but if you want to switch it up, add some more tropical fruit to your fruit bowls, such as pineapples, strawberries, cantaloupes, mangoes, or blueberries.
- Easy to make your own, you can put Tropicana’s 50 calorie orange juice or any other healthy fruit juice in popsicle makers and have a healthy frozen treat for your kids!
- There are plenty of different yogurts to choose from – try to find low-fat, low-sugar, and high protein yogurts! One suggestion would be Dannon’s light and fit vanillas Greek yogurt, which tastes deliciously sweet, without all of the added sugar. It has 0 fat as well. Top it off with some fresh fruit or granola for a nutrient-packed snack.