To Bee or Not to Bee
Did you know that beeswax is one of the oldest ingredients used in skincare? There’s so many great aspects to it. Not only does it contain vitamin A, which improves hydration, but it also it reduces dryness. Here’s the benefits of beeswax:
- Softens skin
- Full of antioxidants
Because of these benefits, it’s fantastic to use in all seasons especially winter. These properties are essential in fighting chapped skin and bacterial infections that tend to affect us most during those cold, blustery winter months. Beeswax forms a protective wall by sealing in moisture in our skin without smothering or clogging up your pores. When applied to the skin transdermally, it can help with psoriasis, eczema, acne, liver protection, reducing stretch marks, lowering cholesterol, relieving stress, and so much more!
Here’s some more interesting facts about beeswax!
- Beeswax is natural wax created by bees that they use to form honeycombs
- Beeswax can reduce the risk of contamination and prevents the growth of fungi and yeasts
- Beeswax was an ancient form of dental filling
- Beeswax can be used as a waterproofing agent
- Beeswax is edible! This is why it’s safe to use in products like Lip Balm **hint check out our Lip Logic**
- It takes roughly 8 pounds of honey to make just 1 pound of beeswax
- Did you know that some crayons have beeswax as an ingredient? Fun fact!
Thanks to kissnaturals.com for all the fun beeswax facts!
We think that beeswax is the “bees knees”! That might be too corny, but you get what we mean! All of our products here at Dr. Doug’s Balms contain certified organic beeswax to help with all of your skincare needs! Check out any of our Dr. Doug’s Balms products.